the reality

So, I was really apprehensive about calling for favors and getting some of my students internships at places I have hook ups and history.  Not because I don't think they can hack it...because most of them can't.  But because I don't want to burn bridges by sending them someone who will fuck them over.
 
So...eventually I did.  I sent my whole class on two different nights to do a stage and see what a 'real' restaurant is like during a busy service.  The restaurant picked up two students to do morning prep...and not even a week into it, one of them no calls no shows...and then lies to the chef about it. 

Now admittedly, this is not my best student.  He likes to think he is...and he likes to have an attitude like he is.  But it would have been a good place for him to get his act in gear and get his ass kicked at the same time...but alas. 

And so now I have burned a favor and a friend.  Not that he was expecting much from his free labor.  But because I got him to take this bozo on. It sucks.  And now I get to deal with the student in class.

Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts