following up with the whys of our lives

Chefs Weigh In: How Hard Is it to Find Good Young Cooks?

Eater National: "How Hard Is it to Find Good Young Cooks?" via eggbeater...we are all talking about this right now...here are my comments

grrr...i have been posting about this for a few weeks, as it relates to our school needing qualified instructors. It stinks...but then I turn around and look at the students that I am teaching...and I think...its true that the food network has ruined us...I have one potential good cook...and 7 students who in reality need to work in another profession.
But, I in turn have a responsibility to train them and mentor them and mold them into future culinarians. And who am I to crush their dreams? If I was a boss, then yes, I could say 'you suck and might never amount to being able to cook your way out of a paper bag!', but I am employed by said students to give them a shot at potential.
So where does that put me...part of the problem or part of the solution?
And where does that put the people who complain about not having qualified peeps? Do we develop and deal?

Comments

Popular Posts