more 'new's

we are working our way through a new round of menu adjustments. The owners get bored easily, which means we dont have to spend too much time on any one menu item getting static...unless it is a top performer. It is taking me some time to get adjusted back to Texas food seasons...i.e...we still had fabulous peaches last week...but not anymore. And so we are moving into, what is this now, indian summer?...if it can be called that with temps still in the high 90s.

Apples are making a reappearance, brussels sprouts, ,out is the melon and mint and cucumbers...in are the roasted peppers and toasted pastas, now with market fish and saffron risottos...I claimed that one becuase I like to cook risotto...even if I am working a wood fired grill. You just have to adjust...

But we still have weekly discussions about what we should do for specials...so it makes me think of things I have not had to think of in a while...as in what would taste good now.

So the thought came to me earlier and so I am going to take one of Michael Laskonis's spreadsheets, Download Index of Methods and Preparations.pdf, and work it into a usable spreadsheet for me...cross referencing Culinary Artistry, by Dornenburg and Page...and see if I can use it on a weekly basis.

We'll see how it works out.

Comments

Popular Posts