distillation

Yeah, it's been quite a while. Haven't had internet at home and no time away from home with which to share my most random useless thoughts. Now I have access again so perhaps this will be a bit more consistent on my part because it is not as if the thoughts have stopped coming in this summer that never was.

23 days of rain in July, muggy August filled with tomato blight and a severe lack of local produce, 1 September brought fall overnight and a pneumonia ridden chef who has not yet returned. The good news? I saw him today and he is whole and walking and talking and exists on this planet still. I had no idea how scared I was until I talked to him last weekend and learned he was out of the hospital. Finally. Now he is bored and I am refusing to give him any work related stuff until he returns on Monday. Gossip is fine, projects are not.

It's been a three weeks holding together and I still have no idea what balls I dropped since I am not completely in the loop. Management likes to follow protocol and it goes from top to him to me to staff. It will be all kinds of fun getting it back in place. Meanwhile, I have cooked, inventoried, ordered, reviewed, catered, invoiced, washed dishes, scrubbed floors, cooked out of town, consoled, cajoled, worried, worried, worried.

It feels good to be able to exhale again...

Comments

Popular Posts