a new resource

so, somewhere in amidst the culinary school, and Hawaii, and moving, and moaning and griping, and the new jobs and the ongoing day to day, I have refound a great resource for cooking...your local public library. Or at least the main branch in downtown Austin.

I am amazed to find a larger collection of food related books than even the library at the school. Admittedly, not all of them are very good resources, but still the same, I have been able to load myself up with some volumes from my wish list and now have a huge pile of material to work through on the floor.

Pork and Sons
Boulevard
Michael Schlows book
Bistro Laurent Tourondel
Michel Richard's Happy in the kitchen
a couple of beards

and that was only the first row of shelves...with three more to go...plus the agriculture section and etc...etc...

plus i could get into all the books from the 80s and the womens league cookbook collections etc...

so onward I go...its been a while since i focused on food outside of the daily line work...I seem to be rusty. so here goes

Comments

Popular Posts