the store

my little one is here for month. We have to feed her. Which means we have to actually buy food for the house.

I usually don't eat much at home now. Working two jobs keeps me away most of the day, and so I nibble at the bakery, have a sandwich during my break, and nibble at the bbq joint. My SO eats at home, but has different eating habits than mine...so she has been shopping for herself at Whole Foods and what not, getting things she like (like tofudobeast)...

So its been a while...well, actually we haven't yet since we have been here, gone for a major shopping spree at the local grocer. Until now.

I try to do the 'shopping the outer rim of the store' idea. You know, all the processed foods are in the center...and all the fresh products are around the outer rim. So, we buy dairy and some meats and produce.

And here is the great thing. Its summer!!!!!!

Cherries are cheap, Texas Peaches...yummy, tuscan melons(cantaloupe)...which is the true taste memory of summer, are abundant...lots of produce....whoo hoo...

Yes yes...I should be getting up and going to the farmers market...yes yes...I know. But when I cant, I do try to buy local products. ANd texas is a big country, so....

Comments

Popular Posts