watching

Things move around me. Life progressing and not always with sense. Feeling that while it is good, outside is not quite enough. Wanting, to have a bit more spark and intensity and debate, about that which I am most passionate and do not discuss enough these days.

EL told us he misses his foodie friends about five minutes after I arrived at the farm. I could not agree more E. I miss 'em too. I have some here, ok, realistically one or two. Moments are far too brief and far in between. There is too much other noise to be dealt with daily. At least tomorrow we get to taste beignet from the place in NOLA; even though it will be from the mix, I am NOT setting up a deep fryer at home alone.

Keep reminding yourself- it's the small instances- the passing understandings- the momentary lapses of reason- the chance remembrance- the short missed calls- the messages that eventually get returned- it does make it worth all the whiling away of time.

In the end, we get to eat.

Comments

Popular Posts