up down

turn around, please don't let me hit the ground... Posted these same words elsewhere in my on line life. They apply equally in both venues. Spending too much time working, with more to come as J heads out of town to deal with things that need to be dealt with. So, I spend time going up and down, turning around and hopefully not hitting the ground. Read that last one as letting the balls drop. If I can hold it together for the ten days of flying solo, I'll feel like I have finally learned how to be a manager.

This has been a telling aspect of where I am. Developing the relationships that really lead to managing the same people day after day whether there is good will or not. The place does not so much go for the expectations I hold for myself. It's is a 'kinder, gentler' style than I would like to begin with. Let the softness come once the standard is set, met and exceeded. It was not mine to say in the beginning. It is not mine to say as I want to now. At least not without lots of qualifiers.

Comments

Popular Posts