timing

is, as we all know, everything. While it feels like it is not so much an issue at work right now, even with J out of town, it is a matter of long ass days there. I think the kids are also trying to keep their drama to a minimum, for now. Fine. Could they maybe make the efforts to do such all the time. Perhaps focusing on how to make it better instead of who is doing what to make it miserable? I digress...

The time I need to manage is that of the outside life. Laundry, paying bills, opening mail, making a life in this town where I have lived for over a year now, did I mention laundry, washing dishes, maybe, just maybe actually cooking for myself instead of assembling, dusting away the webs, getting in touch with those who need to be gotten in touch with... The list is endless.

So, what did I do with my last two days in a row? Drove back to 'Canada' and cooked for a wedding of those friends who were missing the giant elephant in the middle of the room. They finally saw it. A true pleasure to make food on the side of a hill with a bonfire designed to cook pig and pull same pig the next day. Not to mention the hippies in the field baring their souls in front of us all. Committing, meaning it, waking up the next morning to make coffee and bacon. It's not my paradise, I am glad it is theirs and I get to visit from time to time...

Comments

Popular Posts