playing restaurant

Is a game I occasionally realize I miss. Tonight at the place there was a poetry reading. How does that affect my life? GM wants to create a 'cafe/old folkie lounge' feeling for the evening. This means special desserts on our high class white plastic ware. Charming.

Needless to say, the pastry cook made some yummy, hard to fuck up, durable treats that I got to make look appealing on those high class plates. Oh god... one hour till service and I have not started setting up my 'line'... Not really a high pressure situation. Set up mis en place, did a few other things, go time. How disappointing. We sold less than ten.

Now, I'm not really surprised, not the right venue. Yet, I was looking forward to some pressure and getting to remember some of the old moves. Oh well. Now I am jonesing for a night of expo, someplace, anyplace, anyone? Somehow...soon...

Comments

Popular Posts