sitting on prep tables

was completely unacceptable at my last gig. Now? I relish in it. End of the shift/day, talking about what is going on for the next several days? The next 12/10/7/5 hours. That prep table is an awfully nice place to put my butt after 12+ hours in the kitchen/office/cheese/beer/wine/bread/store events realm, thinking about and writing schedules, managing tastings, adjusting bakers' daily production, learning said production myself, thinking about the duck in the freezer and talking about consomme and being determined to make it this week only because it has been longer than I can remember since I made consomme and there is no need for it that I am determined to do it.

How does this relate to a butt on a table? It's the world again. Cooks do their thinking while resting between courses; this is when we go the the land of 'what if'; more to follow...

Comments

Popular Posts