a new gig

so,

started the new job today. it was...interesting, a lot different than i had been led to believe. so..anyway...i also have call backs from more local restaurants who have gotten my resume, so maybe this wont be the only ball on the field.

referencing richie's post over on line cook

Plateau.

have you ever worked job where you have realized that you are now playing on a different field? as in the work is so hard that you know you wont last? or you realize that you don't function at the levels of those around you in that kitchen? Or even that you are way over qualified for the position you have taken? Or even for the type of food the restaurant serves? What then?

Do you quit? get fired because you cant keep up? (this would be the NYC solution..."get the eff off the line and while your at it, get the eff out the door and don't come back!"...speech)...do you suck it up because the money is good and the work is easy? Or is that the downward spiral? Where do you plateau?

I know I don't know everything...and as a line cook there is a lot left for me to experience and to gather knowledge from...learning about cooking is a daily process...as a manager too, but I also know that I have certain set of skills...at a certain level...both managerial, and over the heat...and these skills...no matter what has been said about them in the past, can take me anywhere.

Does this attitude make me cocky? I don't think so...I am just confident in my ability to perform in ANY kitchen. Anywhere...

Comments

Popular Posts