long awaited? nah...

wow, its almost as if you were missed when you are gone, by the way the negativity has flowed from the mouths of the former bosses. I mean, for the last month you guys have had next to nothing to say to me...and now you have so much to say. And yet both of you say the same exact words? Were you helping each other type? Sorry that is just me be ’immature’...in case you had missed it, I havent been anxiously awaiting your feedback...I have been getting on with my life being happy.

Thank you gentlemen. For finally being honest about how you feel instead of hiding it behind all the day to day ’fist bumping and look me in the eye suggestions’. Its nice to have that refreshing openness go both ways for a change. I do not know where you had all this negativity pent up...maybe if you had let it out once in a while you wouldn’t make everyone else so uptight all the time.

And yes I do know you have been reading this the whole time. Its called technology...and it tracks each and every visitor. Nice to know I have captured your attention. Remember that conversation we had about how I dont trust you guys? There were reasons...and the old site was not destroyed...it was removed because you cant be trusted or supportive.

As to going back to the ’HOTEL’...interesting thought that...you did say you would call them to give a recommendation if I needed...plus you wrote me a nice and elegant reference letter...for which I am grateful.

Being in the Republic again? Its great! The food scene is happening, the farmers have more than papaya and bitter melon for sale at the farmers markets, the yearly food and wine festival is about to kick off, the chefs are pushing the limits, and there are more restaurants serving more diverse types of cuisine in one square mile of Austin, than there are on the whole island of Maui. Not everyplace needs to serve mahi mahi and opaka and ahi. That being said...I had a fabulous meal at Merriman’s at kapalua, and also at the Plantation House at kapalua, before we left. Both utilizing more local ingredients and supporting more local farms than the ’Hotel" has done...its too bad.

This is not a defensive post, its not going to answer all of your ’critiques’ line by line. I dont care about you. Its as simple as that. I said good bye to the ones I cared about. I got goodbyes from the ones who mattered. And if you dont think that I have shown aloha, then you really really do not know what is going on in your kitchens.

I have no allusions of grandeur. I am and always will be A COOK!

PS...the picture...its not mine...the words you quoted and placed in my box highlighted...not mine...and your sentiments...not mine. Maybe this is being immature...but I guess occasionally, I have to go down to someone else’s level.

Mahalo nui loa.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rich,

Please have no misunderstanding, We know your name and we are not confused about it, your blog or you. We have no intention of continuing on leaving you further comments or having the last word and would like for you to know that we are happy you have found happiness back in Texas. Good for you.

Unfortunatelly we still feel you just don't get it. You were uterlly miserable here on Maui and that you made clear not just to us but to everyone you worked with. Funny you mention both trust and honesty because that is what you do not get. Again and for the last time...you did not have the balls as a man or profesional to be honest with either of us while you were here. Instead you made your feelings very clear about the company and us through your petty little passive agressive blog.

Again we are happy that you are happy but I still have to say you have a ton of growing up to do if you ever want to be a Chef. Or will it suit you more to be that negative ranting little line cook for the rest of your career? I guess you could always go back to being a teacher at a local community college were your students think you are the bomb.

Good luck and farewell.

You have provided some great humor.

back to work now!

ps. wonder if your new boss will enjoy a link to your blog (of misery) as much as we had?

Matt and Jef typing together

Popular Posts