yumm... brown booze

Ever since the creole restaurant, I have been an aficionado of bourbon. I like it! Good, bad, well, call, premium, good time!

So over at ahungerartist, Chef Pardus is talking about handcrafted artisan whiskeys...whoo hoo!

Handmade whiskey

Now to recap the good old days...

Old Crow is my favorite. Now I know, this is $15 a homewrecker worth of bottom shelf bourbon. But to me it was the one I cut my teeth on and enjoy the most. Not to say I wont enjoy some of your single barrel bourbon if you offer it to me, but anyway. Back when Sarah and I and JB used to sit at the grill and hangout after Sunday brunch and I would write the next weeks menus, we would have an 'educational moment' by getting the barkeep to line us up the row of bourbon of our choice and we would 'taste' them down the row and then rate them according to our preference. It being culinary school and both of us being instructors, it was easy for us to have these educational moments you see. And you know what, Old Crow fell in number four out of 12 bourbons. So, its not the best, but better than most.

When E and I moved from VT to TX, we stopped off the uhaul in Bardstown, Kentucky to sample some of the real thing from the real place...Bourbon County. Good times...the Heaven Hill Distillery tour is great...and being able to walk through an aging building loaded with 1000s of barrles of sweet smelling goodness is uncomparable...Bourbon Heritage Center

So...

What is bourbon?

Comments

Popular Posts