sliced

Ah the joys of dings and mishaps of the life. While scaling cake batches tonight (down an injured baker till don't know when) the shredded tamis bit me. Knew it was shredded, knew I needed to be careful, it was not a knife. I'll take a burn any day, thanks.

It really is the joy of mishaps; I get to really be in the kitchen every day, picking up a knife, transforming food, creating 'plates, hopefully rescuing that which has been created and discovered to have no use. Yes, I have gone on about this before. It is still central to my world. Another catering order today that made me hum as I was building grilled/marinated veg platters. I love that shit- putting together piles of cooked food so that it looks appealing and, dare I say it, sexy. A verb I love to apply where it is not necessary. It's that special attention given to making it look like you want to eat it. The cooing of the 'guest' (in my world customer) when they see it for the first time. Plastic platter and dome lid and all. If they are happy, I am happy. When they come back for more, I am even happier.
Long ass day today- accomplished about half of what I wanted to. Despite Chef's post including what I do, it is not all accomplished in a day. More often than not, it takes me up to a week to finish everything on my list with all the last minute details and needs. If I get through half of it it's a good day.
Was today a good day? I am supposed to be off tomorrow and therefore was making attempts to catch up with making sure it is all beautiful before I depart. Mission almost accomplished. Potential fires also (hopefully) put out as well with new ones arisen before departing. Where was I going with all this- sort of talking about focus. I have none these days and take on tasks and projects as time limitations allow.Not the way I like to do it; the way I tend to do so though. Have I said before I want five more free hours in every 24? Double that.

Comments

Popular Posts