project

Weekend? Better leave town so that it really is one. Now I am back and feel like I have been on a vacation; finished when I woke from the three hour nap on my couch this afternoon. It is good to be home and laundried and making dinner and getting back to the days. The best part of going away? Getting hugged and hugging. The eating was pretty spectacular too. That city is growing on me every time and I find more and more reason to visit it. Go figure, changing alliances form a Jersey girl. Don't tell anyone.

This project thing. 10 pm last night saying see you after a far too short dinner with not enough time to catch up and definitely not enough planning time. That last innocent comment- 'find me a job in this town and I will move here'- response? 'My new project. I needed one!' Hmmmm. Who knows what is ever coming down the pike, what possibilities may arise, was (3rd hand) told that there is someone interested in bringing me into the expanding Canadian presence. If that is to happen for me, it's gotta' include relocation expenses. This girl cannot do it alone again. Her interest is piqued though- just putting it out there.

Visited one of the other pieces of the place I am now. Dingy, dark, not so welcoming, not nearly as many offerings as what we have. More established? Sure. Can we get there? I have no doubts that we can make it more, offer more, make it better, tastier, provide what the people want (even if they don't know it), provide what they want (when they know it), list (as always) goes on and on and on and on.

Side note: Chef- hope your move is smooth and you find a gig fast in Austin. Even though I only ever spent 24 hours there, I look forward to visiting and getting to see your perspective. Doubt there is, however, let me know if I can do anything on this end.

Meanwhile, back to the excitement of planning for a pancake breakfast for 500 or so in a few weeks...

Comments

Popular Posts