now what?

I have given notice that I am resigning as a sous chef for the hotel. So now what?


Well, we are moving to Austin, Tx...from whence we came and I am looking for line cook or chef gigs again. Very stressful...as has the last month been as we have been trying to make this decision. I have developed bruxism...or tooth clenching/grinding as a result and it is driving me nuts...E says I should take up yoga to alleviate my stress...


Why didn’t you transfer with your company? Well, I tried and was denied and so for personal reasons we are moving now. Its amazing how many people care that I am going versus the stories I always got from the boss that the employees dont like me...hmmm.


Moving forward, we are downsizing our lives to be able to affordably ship what we can...the biggest expense maybe being the few hundred cookbooks...doh!; I knew there would be drawbacks...


so now it is the looking...for a place to live, for a new car, for a new place to work.


All of those things that I said I wanted still hold true. I want a small independent that does nice food, is busy, and where the people care about what they are doing. Unfortunately that might not be out there right now. The only calls back I have had are from corps that I have worked for before...which might be good for the monetary assistance getting back on our feet, but which I know the nature of the beast. Old friends are moving around too, and so they have no ideas for help as well.


All in all...this is one of those ’life changing’ situations, I think. A move from the safety of one place to the uncertainty of another. A chance to start over? A chance to do it again/right? Who knows...


There are a lot more details to this...some you have read about and some you havent. I am, according to the boss, leaving on good terms...and so I want to keep it that way. Dont burn the bridges so to speak...


Comments

Good luck. I hope the change brings some happiness with it.

Popular Posts