and you are?

meyer lemons
citrus
beets
parsnip
cardamom
bread
ice cream
gelato
marcona almonds
baking bread
pistachios
vinegars
almonds
pestos (gli pesti)
pork belly
spare ribs
short ribs
cumin
coriander
caraway
juniper berry!
pink and green and black peppercorn blend
grilled
braised
sous vide
PORK!
smoked
compressed
greens
asparagus
preserved
scallops
calamari frite
ahi tuna
OYSTERS!
potatoes
rice
toasted coconut
chocolate
tamales
pot roast
apple cider
anchos
cornbread
pecans
consomme
sausages
forcemeats
salumi
jasper hill cheeses
baguettes
creole
french
italian
thai
mexican
american
cajun
wood fired
stuffed
pasta
honshimegi mushrooms
avocado
pho!
coffee
bitter
acidic
umami
techincal
simple
flavor enhanced
brine
marinate
bourbon
wine
beer
cauliflower
broccoli
rapini
garlic
thyme
tarragon
mint
pickles
olives
saurkraut


somewhere long ago, I had my students in my classes sit and think about their cooking. What are your favorite things to cook? Ingredients? Techniques? This is kinda like those silly twitter/facebook questionnaires...but more for me...its been a while since I sat and asked myself this list...and its not complete. I feel that I have not really 'cooked' in so long that I need to take another look at who I am foodwise.

Comments

i'm stealing this idea for a blog post. nice list.

do you know plinkoeats.blogspot.com? texan PC, i believe in houston. doing some interesting stuff.

Popular Posts