Moving Forward- pt. II

Chef- (or are you outed now that there is an image of you here and I can call you by name?)
I too want to explore this idea in depth. Location seems to be the major factor in what is keeping it from happening. Perhaps instead of location, I should say distance. You are there, I am here, never the twain shall meet. Perhaps some concert circuit? Am I ready for ownership? Absolutely. As for this cook thing? How do we get them to feel the ownership without necessarily having it? This is the issue I am facing right now. I'll email you the details for perspective later; suffice it to say changes have to happen and happen fast, as in yesterday. Seems to be an epidemic. On the good side, I visited another outlet towards Canada and got nothing but encouragement and appreciation and offers for assistance. It's nice to know that there are still people out there who want to see everyone on their side flourish.

So, apropos of nothing to do with this thread, I ate out tonight at a local bistro I have not been to since June or July, kept meaning to make it back. They change the menu monthly, fully embrace the bistro spirit, are welcoming and, most surprisingly, remembered me and asked how business is on my end. Despite the query 'are you done working on that yet?', it was a solid meal on a cold night- french onion soup, seared wild sea bass on a bed of sauteed greens with lemon bb. A thank you taste of port and coconut meringue and now I'm home. Thinking and planning- as always...

Comments

Popular Posts