it's always nice

to be where you are, to go away and get a new perspective, to escape and appreciate the perspective you already have, to miss, to be missed, to return... So, I am back. Had an almost week in the sun of cooking, reading, sitting, visiting, eating, farmer marketing, seeing people about to graduate from high school that I have really watched grow up, to not connect with people I really wanted to, to hear sad news about former lover, to get a pedicure, to relax, sort of...

While seeing where I come from is almost always great, there are the moments when I want to scream 'let it go, move on, there are other wars to wage!'; in other words, let's just all be adults here and own what we do, have done, and are likely to do in the future. And so I return to much of the same thoughts as I return to life as I love it. Where to begin? With several calls discussing how to proceed in this life? With catching up on that I have ignored for a few days? With the changed special orders coming in at the place? With the request that I check in more with the (HM) specializers at work who apparently want more input from this savory lady. (What can I offer except what I want to eat?) Now we get to take control of cheese, wine and beer as well as bread... Good times. Too bad that what is now selling is commodity stuff; time (and my cheese snobbery) will change all of that. Appreciate what I know is good from these eccentric superstars and you will rejoice.

The pace of work changed drastically after the coming to jesus meeting; somehow it has become apparent that they are all really capable of stepping up, producing, realizing and moderating their former needs. 'Holy shite!', I need to actually make some profit in order to ensure the health of this business?; let me show them what I can do. Turns out, it's a lot. I cannot put into words how wonderful it is to see the action spring into place, let alone the number of ideas that have been put forth. We finally own it together.

About time...

Comments

chef said…
I am glad you are back and refreshed...I read your other email...more on the private line...

Popular Posts