sandwich fiend

I am an unmitigated sandwich fiend. Good thing too since it seems to be what I eat most frequently. I eat them every day. Seriously, there are times when they are all I eat for weeks on end. Fortunately, I have ended the habit of bringing home shrinks with crappy bread that has been sitting cold for 12+ hours before it makes it's way to digestion. Reubens, cheese steaks, grilled veg with goat cheese, grilled cheese (hopefully with creamy tomato soup), turkey and arugula, tuna melts, bagels with almond butter and marmalade (best dipped in hot chocolate), hot, cold, pressed, reheated, you name it (unless it involves chicken) and I'll try it. Let's not leave out the duck confit panini from a local grill either. Best eaten with the frites and duck gravy. What more does one need in life? Endless varieties, and yet, there is still nothing original. I recall the Blimpies and Dinos and Pops from my past. All of them fondly, though probably not as great as my memory tells me. Now I just need more whole grain local bread options. It is sadly lacking here as it was not in Canada. Tonight's version? Spelt roll, MK house brined and roasted turkey, Boggy Meadow Swiss, arugula, mayo. Chips with that?

Comments

Popular Posts