pivotal moments

Sitting at home right now, after a week of a firing, a trembling bring on conversation, a few hours of computer frustration, realizing that some people simply have no palate and there they are on the payroll and some excellent moments as well. It is always joyful when there is good food in the case, the salad and hot bars, the grab and go f0r the peeps to finish at home. good food as I know it can be done in general. It's out there, we just have to find it. And commit to making it all the time. Which means putting yourself on the line and admitting that it may not be what it could be. Fix it and make it what you want it to be. Why can't people care.

So, why is it that there are the peeps out there who are willing to never taste their food, or who have no palate, who will continue to cook and not taste and put things on the floor that are crap. How can I eliminate this without changing the kitchen culture that has been established where I am. Why shouldn't I change that culture? I want to. I want to raise the bar. I want to make the food extraordinary, make people want to stop by here for what could be the best food in the valley while educating them about what they could be enjoying.

So, what will it take? As stated earlier; I will be the bitch. Do I need permission? No idea, though I imagine officially I do. Done with that. Time to really be the pirate queen.. I was given the sheriff badge today after all...

Comments

Popular Posts