groove

Apparently I am beginning to remember how to get mine on. After more than four years of fleeting attachments, developing relationships, crushes, partners in crime, pirates and more, I am stunned to wake up and be hit over the head with the realization that I am in the same place with the same people every day. No longer can I fall back on the knowledge that in a few short weeks I will no longer have to deal with x or know that I will have to say so long to y. It's the same faces (that are now familiar), the same personalities, the same getting under my skin, the same quirks, the same styles, the constancy that makes me (dare I say it) happy to be going into the kitchen and learn what is new every day.

And yet, it is all far from boring. I get to go in and cook something, cure something, pick up a knife, peeler, mandoline at least once a day. Enough to keep me satisfied? Si. I do miss the kitchen Spanish and do my part to attempt keeping it alive. Other than that, the groove keeps expanding and I keep learning and the circle grows...

Comments

Popular Posts