apparently

I am not the only one who has been living too much in my own head. And yet, somehow chefs new postings got placed after an old one and I practically missed them. Sometimes late night boredom and curiosity can be a good thing.

My evening? First inventory where I have been long enough to begin feeling camaraderie. I had forgotten what it is like to be on site after everything is really winding down and there is so much more to be done. Now that the 'hellidays', as writer calls them, are over and there is some time to reflect, we get to begin the process of what many conversations have alluded to. That began with a giant purge tonight- perhaps the true blessing of counting.

I guess I really do not have much to write except to perform the physical act of doing it so that I get back in the habit. I am stunned to reread what I wrote a while ago in response to friend in crisis. Must be that I am thinking about how to step up, remind myself why there is this hole in my tongue and get back to business. Business as I know it can and should be done; all while I tell it as my story tells it and getting the rest of the boat to row in the same direction.

Comments

Popular Posts