linecook

This little snippet from linecook pretty much sums up how I feel about the exec and exec sous at my work. Especially when they come up to me and expect me to put everything down and talk story to them, or come up to me and tell me to smile, or etc..



"Please don’t mistake me trying to focus with me being angry with you."



You see, I can carry on a conversation in the kitchen, and slice onions, and saute food, and write preplists...all at the same time. But in order to multitask, I need to focus. I dont need to look at you for you to be able to see that I am listneing. In fact I listen to pretty much everything that is said around me...and everything that is said to me. So if I dont look up because I am dicing mirepoix...it is because I dont want to lose my fingers...not because I dont respect you. I dont have to put everything down, square up with you, look you in the eye, and smile to be able to converse with you. I still have respect for your position if I keep my head down and work...and I kinda feel that you should respect me and allow me to keep working...I dont have to be treated like I should be a dog rolling over for the bigger dog.



And believe me...my face is my face...it is set on neutral...thats just the way it is...I dont have to be smiling to be happy...and you can tell when I am not happy...so just let me be.



Comments

Popular Posts