distilling

Truth? After this path: home-Logan-JFK-Malpensa-Torino-Savigliano-Torino(every day for 4 days)-Savigliano-Alba-Savigliano-Torino-Milan-Malpensa-Heathrow-Logan-home I am anticipating being back in the kitchen. Most cooks I know get this itch being away too long. While the surroundings were all about food, there was no kitchen to occupy. I come back invigorated and, dare I say it, inspired to get active in the politics of food. How do I reconnect with some of the people I met? Can we create a cook's Terra Madre here in the US so that when we return in two years we can storm the castle walls/board the ships/take no prisoners and kick some ass? Do I have the energy? Can I get a list of all the cooks in attendance from the home office? After they have a chance to catch up, I sure will try.

Organizing is one of those things I do. So, the apparent lack of it at major junctions got under my skin. Am I ready to step away from the piano to become a conference planner again? Hell no. Will I take it on as my project (as opposed to the knitting that keeps being suggested)? That is my intent. Seeing the number of frustrated cooks there gives me hope. There has got to be a way we can pull it together in some slow season. Meanwhile, perhaps this energy drink will give us the strength.

The scheming begins (as if it ever ends) and I head back into the kitchen where I have direction.

Comments

Popular Posts