TPS reports

I had to go in today to fill out my quotient of TPS repeorts...you know, those reports that ’have to get done’ but that no one ever looks at. It seems ’the hand of doom’ would strike me if they were not done by 730 am tommorow. But oh well...


We have refrigeration logs...a lot of kitchens do. We also just spent a trillion dollars on a computerized system for tracking temperatures in all our refrigeration units. So why do I have to fill out the stupid TPS reports? And who really cares?


Because we pay some company a lot of money to come in twice a year and tell us what we are doing wrong sanitation wise. Now dont get me wrong, sanitation is the lifeblood of our kitchen...but I am a ServeSafe instructor and know more about the realities of my kitchens than does the guy who comes in and his main focus is our temperature logs. I know he is just here to point out things we miss on the daily basis...but dont tell me that I shouldn’t have pancetta curing in my walking...or that there should be nothing under the condenser unit in the chill (if that was the case I would lose 16 cubit feet of storage because the condenser is almost in the center of the ceiling)...bah..he gets the bosses in the office all uptight and we have to go around with the toothbrushes and clean and fix...


As always, there is the ’theory’ and then there is ’reality’....


Good times.

Comments

Popular Posts