exposed

So, Sarah had sent me an email with a link to an article…but I dont remember reading it. She called me today about her life and I chatted about mine and my drama. So she mentioned this article again…and so I tracked it down. From the NY Times and written by Emily Gould…Exposed.

Here is a good quote about my state…

"My blog post was ridiculous and petty and small — and, suddenly, incredibly important. At some point I’d grown accustomed to the idea that there was a public place where I would always be allowed to write, without supervision, about how I felt. Even having to take into account someone else’s feelings about being written about felt like being stifled in some essential way."

and this

"Late one night, I unlocked Heartbreak Soup and wrote one last post there. In it, I talked about how a single blog post can capture a moment of extreme feeling, but that reading an accumulated series of posts will sometimes reveal another, more complete story. I talked about how taking the once-public blog and making it private, though tempting, felt like trying to revise history."

But all in all, I think a new start is order anyway.

Comments

sarah said…
Glad you found it. SOmthing in it speaks to the beauty of anonyminity...
.....I am still thinking about that article, weeks later...

thanks for the apt quotes.

Popular Posts