cafe society

So, my move to the next gig has happened although I have yet to move into my apartment. The gig started (and ended) in two short weeks. This was one of those times when cutting loose sooner rather than later will lead to a non-stressed me. When I went back to Canada for graduation, the first question from everyone was "are you coming back"? I haven't even gotten my things out of storage here let alone fully explored what is possible where I am. Not giving up that easily- I need the change of venue and not answering the same questions every day let alone finding myself saying EXACTLY the same set of words every two weeks. It was at the point where I even used the same intonnation, the same lame one liners and the same questions to try and draw them out.

I began the exploration yesterday with crab cakes and local brew at a local- well- brewery, continued over dinner at a new bistro/wine bar. The town needs a cheese shop. I met a soon to be graduate of a pastry program who is interested in chocolate- cheese and chocolate? Now we may be getting on to something. Before it goes further, I do need some form of income otherwise I will be eating into my limited funds for the future (and possible downpayment on something). I attend my first cattle call tonight for a new casual style restaurant in the town where I'll be living. Should be interesting. Meanwhile, since the place I house sit currently has no internet for me, I find myself venturing back into the world of local independent coffee houses with wifi and populated by the intelligensia of this valley.

So far, it's good to be back...

Comments

Popular Posts